Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blown OUT!!!

I was supposed to dive on August 22, 2009 on the Dina Dee and I just found out that it was blown out due to the swells from Hurricane Bill. This was supposed to be a dive for one of my courses with my Instructor Geoff Grahamn, I'm sure it will be rescheduled. I have had good luck this year with only 1 other blow out early in the season. I tend to be really disappointed when a dive gets blown out, there is so little time to dive and I feel a loss of what could have been. I have not been on the Dina Dee in years and was looking forward to seeing George and Roger and catching up.

Well I guess I'll be spending the day on my favorite island (sand bar) in Great Bay having a few cocktails and barbqueing. At least the wind will keep the green heads away. Maybe I'll do some snorkelling if the water is clear. There will be no more dives for me for a while, I am going on vacation! I'll be backpacking and enjoying the cool mountain air. Hiking is my other love and there is nothing better than spending time in the woods. Til my next dive....

No comments: