Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

End of Season Premature, 1 more dive coming up!

Looks like I wrote my end of the season report (see previous post) a little prematurely, one of my new dive friends, Mark Hennessey asked if I wanted to join them on a trip to the Northern Pacific next Sunday aboard the Atlantus. I am still trying to clear my schedule to make it happen but this is one dive I've been wanting to do for a long time. Time will tell whether or not the weather will cooperate and if I am able to go. So stayed tuned there may be one more trip report for the year.

On a side note, last night I was at my favorite Pub, Doyles Poor House and they had this awesome 2 man band called The Skeggs. They are very simple, one acoustic guitar and a set of bongos and boy is the bongo player great. They play lots of Sublime, Bob Marley and also play more recent music like Coldplay with a reggae-bongo twist. I love listening to live music and I really enjoyed their show. Check them out sometime! When I am not diving, hiking or kayaking I like to just hang at the pub for a few and believe it or not, you would be surprised at how many other divers I've run into there. They have good food too!

May the weather Gods do their magic and make the seas in the North Atlantic calm this weekend....

11/20/09....Update...that NE wind is coming again, it isn't looking good for the N. Pacific... Just spoke with Andrew Larsen of the Atlantus and we are going to decide tomorrow...Keeping my fingers crossed.

11/21/09...Dive Blown out! I am disappointed that my last attempt for the year to go to the N. Pacific was blown out but, I don't want to be out there in NE winds either. Now, the season is over for sure.

No comments: