Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anonymous Comments

I have been so touched and inspired by comments from anonymous divers in response to my "First Dive of 2010 Gloria Wreck" post. I have said before in my Safe Diving post (July 2009), that my training by Gene Peterson has greatly contributed to me being safe all these years. It was also things that he said, like, its normal to feel nervous before a dive, that I have carried with me all these years to help me to achieve what I have. Some of the anonymous comments that I listed below attribute to the fact that Gene was accurate in the things he has advised. By verbalizing this fact, it helped to comfort and calm me as a diver and I'm sure other divers too. It makes you feel like you are not alone. I am happy to know that my feelings expressed through my blog are helping other divers too. Lets all have a Great 2010 dive season full of excitement and adventure!

Anonymous said...
Sounds like a good dive and thank you for your honesty. I too have contemplated the recent losses of experienced female and male NJ divers. Your post convinced me I am not alone. I will rely on my training and my buddy (not to mention my gear) to keep me safe. Happy diving! May 26, 2010

Kim Dixon said...
I firmly believe that diving is safer than driving your car around the block. after all, I have safely completed a ton of dives over 24 years. However, these diving accidents and other personal issues intertwined with diving sometimes get into my psyche and expressing my feelings and/or opinion helps to ease the grief. Thanks for you comment, I will be Happy underwater! May 26, 2010

Anonymous said....
You have to wonder how many experienced divers get the feelings expressed by you, Kim, but, are embarrassed to let anyone know? I have 400 dives under my belt, but, still feel anxious quite a bit and don't understand it. Once I actually splash in, I am fine. Like you I could not picture life without diving! Thanks for sharing... June 3, 2010

No comments: