Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shurz Video from North Carolina

I thought I would have had time to edit and post this video months ago but, I have had a very busy winter.  I went on a fun ski trip to Sugarloaf,  Maine (with fellow divers), I took my last two graduate courses and finally graduated with my Masters in Business Administration, and for some reason my business is extremely busy (I'm not complaining!!), so I've been working long hours.  This video was taken last summer on the Shurz Wreck in North Carolina and it was my favorite dive of all the wrecks I dove that week (see my earlier blog post on the Shurz for information about the wreck).  As you can see, there was so much marine life that it actually gets in the way of the video and there were canons on this wreck to boot!  I remember feeling so happy and at peace on this dive in addition to being enthralled with the history of the wreck.

I have not ventured on a lot of week long or extended dive trips for various reasons mostly because they tend to be more arduous and eventually tire me out.  However, the few that I have been on are experiences that I am grateful for being able to have had, they all enriched my diving capabilities.  This trip to North Carolina was very relaxing for me and was not as arduous as I expected, it gave me a chance to branch out on my own and meet some new divers, and to dive an area I have never dove before.  I am working out my summer dive trips now and hope to get back to North Carolina in 2012.  In the meantime, enjoy the video...






Press here to view the Shurz video on You Tube

My 2012 dive season will kick off this weekend when I head out on the Independence II to the Arundo.  Funny, the Arundo is the same wreck that I went to on my first dive of the 2011 dive season.  The conditions are looking favorable for this weekend and I'm anxious to get to my happy place...under the Great Atlantic!

Have a Safe 2012 Dive Season :)

No comments: