Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Another Dixon becomes a Certified Diver

I have spent the last few weeks with my son, Matt learning the basics required to become a certified PADI Scuba Diver.  Matthew is an avid surfer whom surfs all winter long to catch the larger swells. He has developed quite the name for himself and respect of the Pro's that surf along with him.  As a result, he is a natural in the water and Scuba is like a walk in the park for someone adapt to 39 degree water and surfing heavy waves.  Scuba is the perfect sport to parlay with surfing...if its too rough to dive, you surf.

I went  to Dutch Springs with Matt on July 19th and 20th and watched as  he completed his 4 check-out dives and became a certified diver.  I am now a proud mom of two scuba divers!!!


I am planning on taking Matt out for his maiden voyage to a NJ Wreck within the next few weeks and hopefully he will be able to squeeze a few NJ wreck dives in this year!


Congratulation's Matt !  I hope you find passion for wreck diving as I have... (although I believe it will be VERY hard to sway him from his first passion, Surfing).




No comments: