Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Gulftrade Stern 7-19-18

Today we were destined to the San Diego for the 100 year anniversary of her sinking but, the Navy squashed that plan and we ended up on the Gulftrade Stern.  This was my 2nd dive of the season, my first dive was a few weeks ago on the Granite wreck and it was a great dive, tons of fish.


I was the first diver in after we were tied into the wreck and we were greeted with decent 25' visibility which made for easy navigation.  I immediately noticed that there was not as much fish on this wreck as there had been on the Granite wreck.  In fact there was hardly any fish at all.  The wreck was heavily covered in larger mussels which crowded out the hydroids and sea anemones.  I spent my dive shooting photos and swimming around the edge of the wreck where it meets the sand.



 I spotted an oyster cracker and absolutely tormented him by taking lots of photos.  I just couldn't seem to get the lighting correct, perhaps because the water was cloudy...not sure.  After, blinding the oyster cracker with my flash I thanked him for his patience and moved on.  My dive was good, felt nice to be underwater. 





No comments: