Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Stolt 8-4-19


Today we ended up on The Stolt Dagali again, I am not complaining, I enjoy this wreck and had a great day out diving.  We were headed for the Algol but, there was a fishing boat on top of the wreck so we diverted to the Stolt which is a close good option.  This year I have not been out diving much for various reasons but mostly health, so it felt great to get in the water.


The wreck is covered in small mussels which allows for abundant food for lots of fish.  I also noticed that since I was on the wreck a few months ago there are lot of starfish have moved in to feast on the mussels.  I recall a few years ago you could not find any star fish due to the star fish wasting disease.  It is nice to see that they are coming back and thriving! 



The visibility was only about 15' today and it was cold on the bottom, 49 degrees.  I spent my dive as usual, shooting photos and it was not long that my hands were becoming numb.  My dive was very relaxing and peaceful...




Once I surfaced, it was a smorgasberg of fish, we had lots of flatty's, sea bass, lobster, monkfish and the elusive cod.  It had been a long time since I have seen someone spear a cod.



Thanks to the Indy crew for a nice day!  Looking forward to next weekend!

No comments: