Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

10-19-08 Dutch Springs

Yesterday Bill & I ventured to Dutch Springs to perform drills for the Advanced Nitrox course I am taking with Geoff Grahmn of East Coast Diving. I almost did not get out of bed this morning because I've been fighting a cold and I could not shake the chills. It was in the 30's this morning and I did not know if I could manage to find the strength to get into that cold quarry water. Once we got there it was not as cold as I thought it would be and the water actually was quite warm as far as the quarry goes. Lets say that I made it through the day but it was not pretty. I was very tired and it took a lot out of me. I was not very graceful and actually quite clumsy. I didn't give up and I made it through my two dives and the objectives. I learned that I have a few things I need to practice more in the future. I hope that when we go out in the ocean in two weeks that I will be back to myself and able to feel more conifdent and proud of my accomplishment.

No comments: